Sunday 21 August 2011

computerless in life?

I was chatting on facebook with one of todays living poets last week about how haven't been able to write a shopping list, nevermind a short story or poem! I now know why. In a word Computer! This thing although back online is still knackered from what it was, not completely useless but not running on all thrusters! Hubby took this away to get 'fixed' and I picked up my pen and wrote! Okay wasn't the cheeriest poem I've ever written but the words flowed as easily as the ink did! I really love this pen. I still feel guilty buying it and not telling the lady in the charity shop it was worth a lot more than the £2.90 I paid for it. I feel so sorry that someone out there opened the present and thought 'whoopee A Bleeding Pen!' that they threw in with the old clothes and Lavender Bath Bomb. The person who bought this pen really loves/d the person they bought it for, obviously a lot more than the person got the gift knows! Perhaps it was the person that bought the gift was the one who handed it in. With good reason, just because I love pens doesn't mean they do. I think if that was the case though they would have said to the charity shop 'oh and there's a brand new boxed,never even tested Sheaffer fountain pen in there that cost me over £200!'
When I saw the pen I instantly fell in love with it. When I asked how much I expected £10-£15 (completely out of my budget!) it was probably best I was in a wheelchair when she said £2.90 or I'd probably have fell over. When I wheeled out the shop I already felt like a bank robber for paying just 3 quid for a pen I knew had cost at least £30/£40. I don't know if you can imagine how bad I felt when I found out how much it was on Sheaffer's website, just know that it had been in my bag for months untouched until some broadband thief got on my private network sending this new computer back to the stone age, where it will just have to stay till I can talk to Acer and find out how much the software I need will cost. So the internet is why I couldn't write. I'm going to have to switch off the computer more and pick up my new best pen a lot more I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment