Wednesday 16 February 2011

Billy

Catherine Godfrey

Hey! You looking for Billy?
I aint seen him in years
Yeah! I remember Billy
Tall and thin
Wi Sticky out ears
A bottle of Buckie
and a gram of speed
A box of matches
Was all he'd need
Bundles of paper
Set them alight
See Billy's face
See the Delight
They say that Billy
Could set fire to bricks
Only had to look
At two dry sticks
He told me once
About his first flame
How it all started
How she whispered his name
How he fell in love
With his very first fire
Tasted her smoke
With burning desire
Hypnotised by flames
That grew higher and higher
Told me how he just sat
Completely entranced
Watched as she burned
Watched as she danced
Told me of his excitement
How she drove him insane
And how he couldn't wait
To see her again
Factories or shops
It really didn't matter
Not to our Billy
First Class Firestarter
He set the school ablaze
Torched the youth club
There was even a rumour
That he'd fire bombed a pub
But the last I heard
He was homeless and broke
So if your looking for Billy
Just look for the smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment